How to connect HP Printer with Wi-Fi
The Wi-Fi feature on HP Printers allows you to give print commands using your smartphone, computer, or tablet without having to actually attach your HP printer to the device. You can use the HP Auto Wireless Connect option to automatically connect your printer with your Wi-Fi network without using any cables. The latest HP Printers have this capability that comes along with the standard software installation process. You can contact HP printer customer care number to check if your printer has this specific functionality so that you can connect to the Wi-Fi without any problem. You can also refer to the suggestions mentioned in this article to see what are the requirements needed to connect your HP Printer with Wi-Fi.
Network Compatibility Check
When you are planning to use HP Auto Wireless Connect you need to make sure that your computer and the network configuration meet the requirements given below:
- The device must run Windows Vista, OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later versions
- You should connect to an 802.11 b/g/n router using a 2.4 GHz connection
- The computer's operating system must have control of the wireless network
- You should have a wireless connection to the network and the OS
- Avoid using a static IP address but use a dynamic IP address
May Also Read -: Dell Printer Customer Care Number
Steps to connect HP Printer with Wi-Fi
Once you ensure that your network configuration and computer are compatible with HP Auto Wireless Connect you can use the instructions mentioned below to complete the setup process:
- Step 1:Go to the official HP website and type in the printer model number
- Step 2: Press ‘Find’ and download the top software entry seen on the screen
- Step 3: Double-click the software file and start the printer setup process
- Step 4: Follow the steps on the screen till you reach the network options
- Step 5: In the middle of the page click ‘Network (Ethernet/Wireless)’
- Step 6: Select the option to send the wireless network's settings to the printer
- Step 7: Wait for a couple of minutes for the printer to connect
- Step 8: Once you see the confirmation on the screen you will just need to complete the rest of the prompts and you will be able to start using your printer.
Users must keep in mind that the steps to connect the HP Printer to the Wi-Fi may differ based on the printer model you have. If you are unable to complete any of the steps mentioned in this article you can call the HP printer tech support number and ask for additional tech support. You can reach out to experts using the HP live chat support feature to get more details about how to set up your HP Pinter for wireless printing.