Customers have a wide variety of online security software or antivirus software available to them in the market today. The user may find it tough to select the best one. But certain antivirus software stands out from the rest, and one of those is Norton. It uses signature-based detection and heuristics to accurately locate and remove viruses from your computer. Even though it has so many amazing features the software is not perfect. While using the software users will probably experience some errors that show Norton does have a few defects. If the defects are increasing and it begins to disrupt the performance of your device it is best to contact the norton support number team as soon as possible. One of the most common problems Norton users face is the ‘server error’ issue. Below you will find some helpful suggestions on how to address the Norton server error.
Steps to fix Norton Server Error:
There are two ways you can go about solving the server error. Go through both of them and use whichever you are more comfortable with. Even if one solution does not work you can try the other one.
Solution 1: Download the fix tool to resolve the server error.
- Go to the Norton website and download the fix tool. Once the download is over, save the ‘exe.’ file on your computer.
- Open the ‘Downloads’ folder and run the ‘NortonActivationRepair exe’. To complete the installation you will need to accept the agreements and terms.
- After installing the .NET framework, you may need to run the fix tool one more time. Once done just restart the computer.
- When the computer comes back online open Norton and check if you can still see the server error message.
Solution 2: Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.
- You must begin by uninstalling Norton Family from your computer.
- Norton download install Remove and Reinstall Tool and save the file on your system.
- Double-click the Norton icon and run it on your system.
- You will be asked to read the license agreement. Quickly go through the text and click ‘Agree’.
- There will be a button with the name ‘Remove and Reinstall’, click on it.
- Select ‘Remove’. When you see that the process is complete restart the computer.
- After you have restarted your device, just complete the on-screen instructions and reinstall the Norton Antivirus software.
These two solutions should fix the Norton server errors on your PC. But in case you are facing some advanced technical error please contact norton helpline number to speak to certified experts regarding the problem.
Read more – norton customer care number
Source URL: How to fix Norton server error